Gridiron West Code of Conduct
This code applies to all individuals associated with Gridiron West, including players, coaches, support personnel, officials, administrators, club members, spectators, parents, volunteers, and the public. All individuals are expected to demonstrate the following principles of conduct in their involvement with gridiron regardless of the context, including but not limited to events sanctioned by Gridiron West, games, training sessions, and online interactions. Participants agree to uphold the Code of Conduct and associated terms by registering and participating in Gridiron West. Any breaches may be referred to the Gridiron West committee for investigation and determination under the Rules of Association, by-laws and policies.
- Act with honesty, fairness, respect, trustworthiness, reliability, openness, and transparency in all interactions.
- Avoid real or perceived conflicts of interest.
- Strive to maintain a high level of community trust and goodwill.
- Do not engage in or endorse the possession or use of banned performance-enhancing methods or substances as defined by the Australian Sports Commission’s Drug policy or illicit drugs.
- Refrain from participating in or encouraging actions that may compromise the integrity of gridiron, including match-fixing, illegal sports betting, and other corrupt activities.
- Avoid behaviour that would bring the game or Gridiron West into disrepute.
- Adhere to the rules, regulations and stipulations established by Gridiron Australia, Gridiron West and IFAF.
- Treat everyone involved in gridiron with consideration, objectivity, and courtesy, respecting their rights, dignity, and worth.
- Refrain from discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse, intimidation, victimisation, or vilification based on age, race, sex, disability, sexuality, gender identity, or religion.
- Recognise and value the contributions of all individuals to gridiron, including volunteer coaches, officials, and administrators.
- Refrain from arguing with officials during play; discussions with officials may occur during breaks or after the match.
- Exercise control over emotions and avoid verbal abuse or provocation of opponents.
- Cooperate with coaches, teammates, opponents, player officials, and administrators.
- Consider and accept the consequences of actions and decisions.
- Serve as a positive role model by displaying self-control, respect, care, and diligence towards all involved in gridiron.
- Comply with specified child-safe standards of conduct when dealing with individuals under 18.
- Understand the potential consequences of breaching Gridiron West’s Rules of Association, by-laws, code of conduct or policies and immediately report any potential breaches to the committee.
- Understand and adhere to the rules and spirit of sport and recreation.
- Be informed, consistent, impartial, just, and reasonable in interactions.
- Encourage and praise fair play over winning at all costs.
- Exhibit good sportsmanship.
- Treat all fellow participants with respect and care, refraining from bullying or taking unsportsmanlike advantage of others.
- Ensure equal opportunities for individuals of all abilities to participate and reach their full potential in gridiron.
- Provide a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment, prioritising all participants’ health, welfare, and well-being.
- Avoid deliberately causing harm to opponents.
- Ensure proper use of equipment and facilities, following health and safety standards appropriate for age and ability.
- Support policies and practices related to injury management, return to play, adverse weather, and child-safe standards.
- Exercise caution and report safety concerns promptly.